Stonnington New Residential
The City of Stonnington in Victoria recently considered consultation feedback on its draft ‘new residential zones’ on 16th December 2013. The proposed zones have been revised in response to feedback from the consultation process between September and October. The revised zone map can be found here.
The revisions include:
- Expansion of some proposed Neighbourhood Residential Zones (NRZ);
- Removal of the Residential Growth Zone (RGZ) from some major roads including parts of Toorak Road, High Street, Orrong Road, Wattletree Road, Waverley Road and Dandenong Road.
- Mandatory maximum heights across much of the municipality.
- The NRZ maximum mandatory heights are proposed to vary from 8m to 9m to allow for architectural features and higher floor to ceiling heights for two storey dwellings.
- The General Residential Zone heights include mandatory heights, with variances on main roads and in the residential hinterland to recognise local neighbourhood character. Proposed buildings or extensions may be able to exceed the mandatory height and build to the same height of buildings immediately adjacent and facing the same street.
The Schedules to the zone include specific controls for particular areas, including mandatory heights. Minimum lot sizes for subdivision are not currently proposed and will be considered in future work.
Council proposes to submit the proposed Planning Scheme Amendment to the Minister for Planning for approval shortly. If the amendment is accepted by the Minister it is likely to be implemented at some stage in early 2014.
For further information on how the proposed new zones may impact you, contact Danny Hahesy in our Statutory Planning department on 9682 8568.